- Be at least 18 years old.
- Accept responsibility for payment.
- Be authorised to enter into the agreement.
- Accept that we retain discretion to decline your request.
Our service includes
- Collection of the deceased within Great Britain.
- Provision of a simple coffin, suitable vehicle & staff.
- Care of the deceased and preparation as necessary including removal of surgical devices.
- Provision of refrigerated environment during care.
- Liaison with doctors and/or coroner, including disbursements and arrangement of the collection and lawful cremation of the deceased.
- Assisting the customer with crematorium paperwork by telephone, post and e-mail, and keeping them informed of the progress as necessary.
- Non-attended cremation including all related fees.
- Return of the ashes by hand within Great Britain or scattering in the crematorium garden of remembrance.
The cremation will take place at a time, date and crematorium of our choosing. The cremation is unattended, which means that only crematorium professionals who are looking after the deceased will be present. You will not be able to view the deceased after they are taken into our care. Our service may be subject to conditions beyond our control.
Completion of service
We use trusted service delivery partners from time to time in order to complete parts of our service where required. Please note that any metals that are recovered from cremated remains will be recycled in accordance with legislation.
Valuables and personal effects
Where jewellery or valuables are on or about the deceased please remove such items before collection as we cannot guarantee their safekeeping.
Our fee must be paid in full prior to collection. We accept payment via debit or credit card and bank transfer.
Your right to cancel
You may cancel this contract any time prior to the cremation taking place without giving any reason and receive a full refund. However, if you request us to perform any work prior to cancellation then you will be required to pay us a reasonable sum to cover the work that has been done. This may be deducted from the amount we reimburse you. Work completed may include, but is not limited to, the collection and care of the deceased prior to cancellation. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay and not later than 14 days after the cancellation notice has been received. We will reimburse any monies due using the same payment method as used for the initial transaction unless this is no longer possible or you have expressly agreed otherwise.
Once the cremation takes place this contract can no longer be cancelled.
In order to exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision by a clear statement (i.e. a telephone call, letter sent by post or email - using the details above). You are advised to obtain proof that you informed us.
Nothing in these terms restricts or limits our liability for death or personal injury.
Otherwise, our total liability to you for any breach or negligence relating to provision of our service is limited to the amount of our fee. Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights.
If you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by any method shown below. Should you remain dissatisfied you can seek an alternative dispute resolution through the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. These terms are subject to English law. We submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales in the event of a dispute.
You can call us 24 hours a day on 0800 150 3555
Email us at email@example.com
Write to us at Celebration of Life, Enterprise House, Ocean Way, SOUTHAMPTON, SO14 3XB