By entering into this agreement, you accept responsibility for payment. This agreement will be deemed accepted once you have instructed us to start work or have made payment. We retain the right to decline your request.
This agreement is between you/your (the person making the arrangements) and us/we/our (Celebration of Life Cremations Ltd, Company Reg. No. 11768077).
Our service includes:
- Collection of the deceased from within mainland Great Britain.
- Provision of a simple coffin, suitable vehicle & staff.
- Care of the deceased and preparation as necessary including removal of surgical devices.
- Provision of refrigerated environment during the care.
- Non-attended cremation including all related fees.
- Return of the ashes by hand within Great Britain or scattering in the crematorium garden of remembrance.
Additional fees that may apply:
Doctors’ fees £82 for the medical cause of death certificate (not applicable if a coroner has completed a post-mortem).
Urgent collection £250 – from a location without a mortuary, for example a personal residence / care home / hospice.
XXL coffin £300 – if the deceased are over 30” wide or weigh over 30 stone, we may need to order a specialist coffin or use an alternative crematorium. If we think the cost of specialist care will exceed this amount then we reserve the right to reject the order or charge more, we will assess each case individually and let you know in advance if this happens.
Third party fees that we incur must be reimbursed by you (at cost). For example, ferry costs or sometimes a hospital may charge for the storage of the deceased.
If the person who has died has a fully paid funeral plan with us, then the above costs are all included.
Valuables and personal effects
Where jewellery or valuables are on or about the deceased please remove such items before collection as we cannot guarantee their safekeeping. Please note that any metals that are recovered from cremated remains will be recycled in accordance with legislation.
- You must ensure full payment is made as well as check, sign and return the Cremation 1 form attached to this agreement within 10 working days of receipt. After this time, if the deceased is in our care, you will be charged £35 per day to cover the cost of extended storage for each additional day until we receive the signed forms and/or payment.
- You must contact the local registrar as soon as possible to arrange an appointment to register the death. Please provide them with our email email@example.com - The registrar will then provide us with a certificate for cremation (Green form).
- Accept delivery of the ashes from us or give us permission to have them scattered in the crematorium’s garden of remembrance. If we still have the ashes 3 months after cremation you will be charged £50 per month for storage thereafter.
Completion of service
We use trusted service delivery partners from time to time in order to complete parts of our service where required.
Our fee must be paid in full prior to collection. We accept payment via debit or credit card and bank transfer.
Your right to cancel
You may cancel this contract any time prior to the cremation taking place without giving any reason and receive a full refund. However, if we have completed any work prior to cancellation then you will be required to pay us a reasonable sum to cover the work that has been done. This may be deducted from the amount we reimburse you. Work completed may include, but is not limited to, the collection and care of the deceased prior to cancellation. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay and not later than 14 days after the cancellation notice has been received. In order to exercise your right to cancel, you must first advise us immediately by way of a telephone call. We then require confirmation that you wish to cancel in writing either by letter or email. Our contact details can be found below. Once the cremation takes place this contract can no longer be cancelled.
Nothing in these terms restricts or limits our liability for death or personal injury. Otherwise, our total liability to you for any breach or negligence relating to provision of our service is limited to the amount of our fee. Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights.
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us by any method shown below. Should you remain dissatisfied you can seek an alternative dispute resolution through the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. These terms are subject to English law. We submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales in the event of a dispute.
You can call us 24 hours a day on
0800 150 3555
Email us at
Write to us at
Celebration of Life